- Beam Sharpening: The worlds first and only dome radar with beam sharpening, get target separation as good as a 3.5ft. open array radar. *not user adjustable on HDS
- Improved Range:See targets up to 32nm away, and large storm cells at more than 17nm away.
- Instant On™: Solid-state technology produces an immediate, accurate on-screen image, without the lengthy warm-up delay of magnetron pulse radars.
- Low Power Consumption: Ideal for boats of any size – sail, cruise or fish.
- Automatic Clarity: Proven automatic harbor/marina and offshore modes.
- MARPA Target Tracking: Track up to 10 targets. Requires a heading sensor.
- Radar/Chart Overlay: Merges radar with cartography in a detail-rich display.
- Crystal-Clear Image: Fantastic for tight maneuvers in marinas or in conditions of limited visibility.
- Quick Installation: No reason to open the dome, no tune or zero-mile adjustment, and no radar-licensed technician required.
- Safe: Extremely Low Emissions. Safer than any other radar currently on the market and emitting less radiation than a mobile phone so it can be mounted anywhere.
- High-Speed Mode: Select 36RPM for almost instant updating at than 1nm.
- Dual Guard Zones: Protect yourself from more angles.
The Lowrance® Broadband 4G radar uses high-efficiency, low emission solid-state technology for exclusive beam sharpening and advanced clutter rejection. The 4G Radar boasts 50-percent more range than the Broadband 3G Radar and twice the target identifiers. Lowrance Broadband 4G Radar can detect targets as close as six feet by eliminating the large main bang dead zone commonly found when using traditional magnetron or HD radar technology. This short-range performance is exclusive to Lowrance Broadband Radar.
The exclusive technology and performance characteristics of Broadband Radar™ make these products an ideal match for any vessel. Unparalleled resolution and discrimination make it an ideal complement to large radar systems on power and sailing yachts. User-friendly operation makes it an ideal primary radar for small to medium-sized vessels. Its small size, minimal power requirements and safer transmission energy levels open up the advantages of sophisticated radar to all boats. Lowrance offers two Broadband Radar™ choices; the outstanding Broadband 3G™ Radar and the brand-new, truly exceptional Broadband 4G™ Radar.