- Marine handheld GPS with inReach® satellite communication capabilities
- Water Resistant, floating design, sunlight-readable 3" display and button operation provide ease of use on the water Stream boat data from compatible chartplotters and instruments to consolidate your marine system information
- Stay in touch with inReach satellite communication and two-way text messaging via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network satellite subscription required
- Functions as a remote control for convenient operation of your Garmin autopilot and select FUSION® marine products
- Supports optional BlueChart® g3 charts
- Adjustable GPS filter smooths speed and heading indications over swells
Stay in touch with inReach satellite communication and two-way text messaging via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network (satellite subscription required)
Whether out for a day of fishing, sailing or cruising, you’ll gain peace of mind that comes from having a backup navigator with satellite communication and interactive SOS. This premium handheld floats and has a sunlight-readable 3” colour display. Plus, wireless connectivity makes it a virtual extension of your onboard marine system, giving you added awareness and convenience.
Connect with your boat
Sync GPSMAP® 86 with compatible Garmin chartplotters and instruments and you’ll see real-time boat data displayed right on your handheld. Plus, it can serve as a remote control for convenient operation of your Garmin autopilot and select FUSION marine products. When you’re underway, an adjustable GPS filter smooths speed and heading indications over swells for more accurate tracking.
Optional BlueChart g3 charts
Supports optional BlueChart g3 charts.
Stay in touch
Get smart notifications right on your GPSMAP® 86i handheld when you pair it with your compatible smartphone. You can also sync GPSMAP® 86 with the Garmin Explore™ portal and app for cloud management of your favourite waypoints, tracks and routes. GPSMAP® 86 offers Wi-Fi® connectivity, ANT+® technology and Bluetooth® wireless technology for easy wireless updates and connections. For long voyages, its internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 40 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode1. 1Battery life may vary depending on usage; battery is user-replaceable
With built-in inReach satellite technology and additional service options (satellite subscription required), GPSMAP®86i helps you stay in touch globally. Send and receive two-way text messages, track and share your journey, and, if necessary, trigger an interactive SOS to get emergency help from a 24/7 global monitoring center via the 100% global Iridium satellite network. You can also receive marine weather forecasts directly on your device, so you can make educated decisions based on local conditions or the destination ahead.